Seems like the past few weeks have been more than a bit of Moodswung Manic Mania for me. I've been all over the place with the emotions, and not wanting to do anything to straighten 'em out. Actually, I silently admitted to no one other than myself that I'd been using the unpredictable emotions as a reason to not make any entries here, where I'd intended to post something each day; I'm damn good at a pep talk for any friend who might need one, but seems I can always find a way to talk myself into not doing something, even if it's something that I want to to do, something that will, in one way or another, help put me on the track to getting the things I want/need/crave from my existence and the world...
But, thanks to the success of a friend, coupled with the past successes of yet another friend, I'm now inspired to get some of my own. Success: look out dammit, 'cause I'm comin' for yo' ass. I'ma get mine, store it up, and go back for seconds, maybe even thirds.
I write. I sing. I act. I'm an artist. Why am I not getting something from at least one of these talents, other than the enjoyment of being able to do them? So many other people are walking around aimlessly, living mundane lives, but "getting theirs" because they found ways to slip through certain doors that didn't require any real, discernible talents whatsoever; why is it that I'm keeping myself from getting up on it when I've four arenas in which I could and should be playing? It's insane, and I'm the keeper of my own insanity. People often say that Insanity is "doing the exact same thing(s) over and over and expecting different results", and while that is certainly true, there's another entry in that definition: doing absolutely nothing, aside from talking about doing it, yet expecting something to happen. THAT'S a more apropos insanity for my situation.
So, I need to, figuratively, get up of my ass and, literally, sit it down and get to cranking out the "what I can do" of what I can do. And what I can do is PLENTY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment